From 23:45 hrs tonight (28th July) the public can apply for £50 cycle repair grants to get that old bike road worthy. Do make sure your staff are aware of the scheme.
The Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme aims to encourage more people in England to embrace cycling as an alternative to private cars and public transport, particularly while social distancing measures are in place. The scheme will be open to anyone who has an unused cycle in need of a repair. It will help them get it back on the road by providing £50 towards the cost of a service and repair for up to two cycles per household.
Initially only 50,000 voucher will be released with the rest will be put online in stages, this is to manage demand in approved cycle repair shops. It can’t be used for removable or roadworthy items or upgrades. But can be used for:
• Repair or replace tyres, tubes, wheels and related components
• Adjust, repair or replace braking system components
• Adjust, repair or replace transmission system components.
• Repair or replace other essential components which prevent safe use of the cycle e.g. deteriorated grips or saddle
• Repair or replacement of components for permanently fitted lighting systems
Follow the link to the Application Portal for Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme.